What Is An Enzyme Mask?
An enzyme mask is a skin treatment that can be spread on your face to provide nourishment and moisture to your skin. Restorative enzyme masks can also be applied to your skin to gently exfoliate your face, removing dead skin cells to smooth and soften your skin.
Enzyme masks are made from a mixture of ingredients that are rich in beneficial ingredients like antioxidants and acids. Some of the main ingredients found in enzyme masks are – you guessed it – enzymes! Enzymes extracted from fruits like pumpkin and papaya can nourish and brighten your skin, supplying a high concentration of beneficial antioxidants like vitamins C and E.
What Makes Enzyme Masks Special?
While many face masks are designed to be applied to your skin and left to dry and harden, putting on an enzyme mask is an altogether different experience. Instead of feeling dry and brittle on your face, an enzyme mask feels like a smooth, creamy, and refreshing trip to your own personal spa.
The ingredients in an enzyme mask also set this type of skin treatment apart from others like it. The combination of natural enzymes extracted from fruit and beneficial acids makes an enzyme mask incredibly versatile – it’s an exfoliator, skin brightener, and a moisturizer!
Why Use goPure’s Restorative Enzyme Mask?
There are multiple reasons to make goPure’s restorative enzyme mask a core part of your beauty routine! As you now know, this mask is an extremely versatile treatment to use on your skin, and it can serve multiple purposes in your skincare regimen.
Quick And Simple Moisture
Using an enzyme mask multiple times throughout the week can help to prevent your skin from getting dried out. Dry skin is one of the primary causes of a variety of appearance issues.
- When your skin gets dried out, wrinkles and lines can appear more visible. Moisturized skin looks more youthful and full, and it has a distinctly softer, smoother feel. Using goPure’s restorative enzyme mask can help to minimize the appearance of wrinkles by gently moisturizing, exfoliating, and brightening your skin.
- Dry skin can also quickly get oily, leading to clogged pores. Dryness can cause breakouts over time as your skin starts producing excess oil to lubricate itself. When your skin gets too dry, your skin’s excess production of oil can start clogging your pores, leading to blackheads, pimples, and a buildup of dead skin. Using a restorative enzyme mask provides much-needed hydration and moisture, which can help to keep your skin from producing too much oil.
- Some moisturizers that are made with artificial ingredients like synthetic dyes and fragrances can end up leaving your skin worse off – many artificial ingredients are potential skin irritants. Since goPure’s enzyme mask is fragrance-free and made without any other potentially irritating ingredients, you don’t have to worry about it bothering your skin!
- Moisturized skin feels amazing. There’s nothing worse than having red, raw, itchy, and dry skin, especially in the wintertime when it’s particularly cold and dry. Using goPure’s restorative enzyme mask can keep your skin feeling great all day!
In addition to keeping your skin moisturized, using goPure’s restorative enzyme mask can also gently exfoliate your skin.
- Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of your face to reveal softer, smoother skin. Using a gentle exfoliator like glycolic acid – one of the main ingredients in our enzyme mask – is one of the most effective ways to brighten and even out your complexion. Skin that is frequently exfoliated feels noticeably better and looks younger!
- Some exfoliating products rely on abrasive grains, harsh scrubbing, large, rough particles, or artificial chemicals to remove dead skin cells from your face. Glycolic acid, on the other hand, the primary exfoliator in goPure’s enzyme mask, is incredibly gentle. It requires no scrubbing, and doesn’t contain any rough particles that have the potential to irritate your skin and strip it of its natural oils.
- When you exfoliate your skin, you’re reducing the risk of your pores getting clogged. Dead skin cells can lead to breakouts and other skin issues by clogging your pores. Exfoliating consistently means fewer blackheads, pimples, and bumps.
- Exfoliating can also help to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging. A layer of dead skin cells on your face can make your skin appear dull and aged. Refreshing and gently exfoliating your skin with goPure’s restorative enzyme mask can leave you with skin that looks noticeably more youthful!
Brightening Your Complexion
goPure’s restorative enzyme mask is packed with antioxidants, making it the perfect treatment to use to brighten your skin.
- Antioxidants like vitamin C, found in abundance in fruit enzymes, can help to brighten your skin when your complexion is looking dull. Using a restorative enzyme mask multiple times throughout the week can help to restore your complexion back to looking bright and even.
- Sun damage, lack of sleep, an unhealthy diet, and post-acne scarring can all cause your skin to look dull and lifeless. If any of these factors have left you with tired-looking skin that is uneven in pigment, the antioxidants found in goPure’s restorative enzyme mask can have a powerful brightening effect on your complexion!
- A restorative enzyme mask can also help to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, also known as dark spots. These spots are often left behind by acne, and they can take a long time to clear up on their own. Treating dark spots with a restorative enzyme mask can speed up the process of getting your skin back to looking bright and even.
Are Restorative Enzyme Masks and Sheet Masks Different?
A sheet mask is a refreshing beauty treatment that can be used several times per week to give your skin a boost of moisture and nourishment. A sheet mask is made to be gently laid on your face, left on for a few minutes, and then easily peeled off to reveal softer, smoother, and refreshed skin.
Unlike sheet masks, enzyme masks are created by spreading a mixture of ingredients on your face and letting it sit for a few minutes. Enzyme masks do not dry onto your face or get brittle and hard. Instead, an enzyme mask rests gently on your face, providing soothing, cooling refreshment.
Both sheet masks and enzyme masks have numerous benefits for your skin. However, these two types of masks can serve different purposes in your beauty routine. A sheet mask can help to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and gently exfoliate your skin while providing valuable nutrients. An enzyme mask can provide similar benefits, but contains a different set of ingredients and has a distinct feel on your skin.
Sheet masks and enzyme masks can both play a key role in your beauty routine throughout the week. goPure’s anti-wrinkle sheet masks and restorative enzyme mask are made with gentle, soothing ingredients that are perfect for even the most sensitive skin.
Whether you choose one type of mask over the other, or use both from time to time, face masks like goPure’s restorative enzyme mask and anti-wrinkle sheet mask can have big benefits for your skin.
How Often Can I Use A Restorative Enzyme Mask?
The amount of times per week that you’ll want to use a restorative enzyme mask depends on your skin type. If you have skin that tends to be naturally drier, daily use of goPure’s restorative enzyme mask is perfect for you. Using the mask every day on dry skin can help to maintain ideal levels of moisture. If you have oilier skin, one or two weekly uses of goPure’s restorative enzyme mask is ideal for you.
To make sure that your skin reacts well to all of the ingredients in goPure’s restorative enzyme mask, it’s smart to perform a patch test before applying the mask to your face.
To do a patch test, apply a small amount of a new skincare product to a patch of skin on your arm, leaving it on for 24 hours. After this 24 hour period has passed, any side effects or signs that your skin does not react well to a specific ingredient should show up. If no side effects like redness, irritation, or a rash have appeared, you’re set to get started with using the mask on your face!
Before using a goPure mask, start your beauty routine with a refreshing, gentle cleanser. Cleansing your skin before applying a mask ensures that your skin is primed and ready to receive the beneficial ingredients in the mask. After cleansing, you can apply a generous amount of goPure’s restorative enzyme mask to your face and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. The mask won’t harden on your skin, so you can easily rinse it off when you’re done.
Once the mask is rinsed off, pat your skin dry gently with a clean, soft towel. You’ll immediately notice an incredibly refreshing sensation – this mask makes your skin feel amazing!
Treating yourself a couple times a week to a refreshing, cooling enzyme mask high in concentration of beneficial antioxidants like vitamins C and E can do wonders for your skin!
goPure’s Restorative Enzyme Masque is an all-in-one exfoliator, brightener, hydrator and complexion perfector. So if you want happy, glowing skin, this rich and creamy mask is a great way to achieve your skin care goals!