Is A Cheaper Sheet Mask As Effective As An Expensive One?
Quality Matters For Your Skin.
If you’re going to be using a product to take care of your skin, you always want it to include the best possible ingredients. Using high-quality beauty products made with all-natural ingredients is always a better choice for your skin than going with cheaply made products.
No matter what type of product you are using – cleanser, exfoliator, toner, serum, a face mask, or something else – the quality matters for your skin.
When you opt to use high-quality products to take care of your skin, you can count on getting ingredients in their purest forms. That means your products can be far more effective than skin treatments that include derivatives of ingredients rather than the pure, undiluted ingredients.
Many cheap skincare products are less expensive because they are made with weaker, less pure versions of their ingredients. Making the investment in high-quality products is worth the investment to get ingredients in their purest, most effective forms.
What Makes a Face Mask Great, Anyway?
Using a face mask is the perfect way to refresh your skin and give it an extra boost of hydration and nourishment. However, not all face masks are created equal.
Cheaper face masks are typically made with artificial additives that can have negative effects on your skin in the long run. In addition, an inexpensive, low-quality sheet mask often is made with derivatives of its main ingredients rather than the pure ingredients.
A high quality sheet mask is made with pure ingredients that are highly beneficial for your skin.
When you are looking for a sheet mask to use to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, lines, and other age-related skin issues, some of the best ingredients to look for are glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, and natural antioxidant-rich ingredients like green tea extract, turmeric root extract, and more.
- Glycolic acid is an excellent ingredient to use on your face in the form of a sheet mask. This alpha hydroxy acid both hydrates and exfoliates your skin, refreshing the surface of your face and gently dissolving dead skin cells to reveal a softer, smoother complexion. Glycolic acid adds to the exfoliating power of a sheet mask, allowing the mask to slough off dead skin cells without the use of harsh chemicals or rough particles.
- Hyaluronic acid is a powerful natural moisturizer. This acid is produced naturally by your skin, but it can also be applied topically as an ingredient in a sheet mask to provide your skin with much-needed hydration. Keeping your skin moisturized with hyaluronic acid can be a key part of an anti-aging skincare regimen. When your skin is properly hydrated, wrinkles and lines are much less visible. As a natural moisturizer, hyaluronic acid can play a major role in reducing the appearance of these age-related skin issues.
- Green tea, turmeric root, rosa canina fruit, and chamomilla recutita are all packed with antioxidants, vital nutrients that can help to brighten and refresh your skin. Ingredients that are naturally rich in antioxidants make the perfect additions to a high-quality sheet mask. Each of these ingredients plays a key role in making goPure’s anti-wrinkle sheet masks great for your skin.
What Ingredients Do You Want To Avoid in a Sheet Mask?
When your goal is to take great care of your skin, it’s always a good idea to steer clear of products that contain artificial ingredients.
Chemicals, sulfates, and other unnecessary additives can have a negative impact on your skin, and they can also have some long-term potential negative effects on your body as a whole.
To take the best possible care of yourself, stick with all-natural ingredients in your beauty routine.
Below are a few of the ingredients you definitely want to keep off your skin, especially when you are looking for the most effective and beneficial sheet mask:
Artificial fragrances and dyes. These additives have the potential to irritate your skin, especially the delicate, sensitive skin on your face. Stick with products that are naturally colored and scented, and your skin will thank you for it!
- Parabens. These preservatives can have a negative effect on your skin in the long run, and they have no place in high-quality skincare products.
- Products tested on animals. Animal cruelty is a travesty, and it’s never a good idea to support companies that test their skincare products on animals. All of GoPure’s products are 100% cruelty-free!
- Sulfates. These preservatives can have a drying effect on your skin, which is the opposite of what you want to get from a moisturizing, hydrating sheet mask!
When you stick with high-quality ingredients, you’ll get better results for your skin. Although it can be an investment to go for higher-end skincare, the slight extra cost is definitely worth it!
Why Are Some Sheet Masks More Expensive Than Others?
When it comes to skincare, you get what you pay for. Some face masks are made cheaply, using low-quality ingredients and materials that are simply used to be as inexpensive as possible. These lower-end face masks often are full of parabens, artificial colors and fragrances, SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), and other ingredients that are best avoided.
In addition, the methods used to produce many cheaper beauty products are questionable, to say the least.
In many cases, low-end beauty treatments are made in subpar conditions that do not meet the ethical standards of any industry. Sometimes, these cheaper products are even tested on animals in inhumane ways. In other cases, they may be made overseas in horrible working conditions.
When products are extremely cheap, it is often a sign that there is something lacking in the craftsmanship and quality behind them.
In the case of face masks, a lower price tag may mean low-quality ingredients, or that a mask was made using unethical methods. It’s always best to do your homework and find out the ethical standards of any company that you support, including the brands you get your beauty products from! That way, you’ll never be in the dark about anything questionable going on behind the scenes.
At goPure, we strive to be 100% transparent about all of the ingredients and methods behind our products. Everything we make is manufactured in the USA with sustainably sourced ingredients. All hoPure products are also cruelty-free, so you’ll always get quality that you can count on at standards that you can feel great about!
How Do You Use A Sheet Mask?
Once you have one of goPure’s anti-wrinkle sheet masks on your hands, you’re in for a treat. There’s nothing quite like the cooling, refreshing sensation that you get from a great face mask.
Using our masks is simple, and once you’re done, you’ll be left with refreshed, rejuvenated skin that looks and feels amazing.
Whenever you use a goPure sheet mask, it’s best practice to cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser first.
A gentle cleanser will get rid of any makeup, dirt, or other debris resting on the surface of your skin. Any impurities on your skin can interfere with the ingredients in your face mask, and cleansing before using a mask can add to the effectiveness of the mask overall.
After you’ve finished cleansing your skin, gently pat your face dry with a clean, fresh towel. Getting your face dry before applying a mask ensures that the mask will be as easy to put on as possible, and that it will adhere to your skin without moving around.
Clean, dry skin is always a must when using sheet masks!
Once your skin is clean and dry, it’s time to put on your mask. Each goPure sheet mask has holes for your eyes and mouth. Use your mirror to make sure that these holes are lined up symmetrically in the spots where they should go. Then, you can use your fingers to smooth out any areas where there are air bubbles in the mask.
Let your sheet mask sit for 10-15 minutes after putting it on. During this period, you can simply soak in the refreshing, rejuvenating power of the mask.
Use it as an opportunity for some rest, relaxation, and self-care. Whenever life gets a bit too stressful, even something as simple as an excellent sheet mask can leave you feeling transformed.
Once you’ve passed the 15 minute mark, it’s time to gently peel the mask off. Your mask should come off easily without much force or effort. The mask may leave behind some moisture on your face, which you can gently massage into your skin to soak up the benefits of the mask’s rejuvenating formula.
In the next few days after using a sheet mask, make sure to be extra gentle with your skin. Use some high-quality SPF any time you are exposed to the sun’s rays, as your skin may be a bit more sensitive after using a mask. It’s also best to avoid using products with retinol for at least a day after using a sheet mask.
After a few days, you can resume your normal beauty routine and can use another mask whenever you want some extra moisture and refreshment!