Hydrated Skin is Healthy Skin.
One of the best ways to take great care of your skin is to keep it moisturized. Providing your skin with the hydration it needs will keep it looking youthful and fresh each day. Moisturizing your skin can also reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. Keeping your skin from getting dry will leave you looking and feeling amazing, and you’ll be amazed by the difference that moisturizing can make!
In this post, we’ll be discussing three of the key reasons why you should never let your skin get dehydrated. We’ll also cover some of the best ways to supply your skin with moisture naturally. Using goPure’s hydrating, nourishing serums and moisturizing cream, you can keep your skin soft, supple, and glowing.
Let’s get started!
1. Dry Skin is More Prone To Breakouts
When your skin gets dry, it begins compensating by producing excessive amounts of sebum, or oil. This oil can clog your pores, leading to the appearance of blackheads, whiteheads, irritating bumps, and even cysts in some cases. Acne is a troublesome type of skin lesion that can be stubborn and tough to get rid of. However, one of the best ways to combat breakouts is to moisturize your skin regularly.
Consistently providing your skin with the moisture it needs can help to keep breakouts at bay. Since the cycle of acne often starts with dry skin, a gentle moisturizer can help to prevent breakouts before they can start developing.
For acne-prone skin, a non-comedogenic moisturizer is ideal. Many of the natural oils included in beauty products, including argan oil and rosehip oil, are non-comedogenic, meaning they do not have the potential to clog your pores. These oils make the perfect additions to your hydrating beauty routine.
How To Prevent Acne With Moisturizing Ingredients
If you are struggling to get rid of stubborn acne caused by dry, irritated skin, these tips can help:
- Avoid touching your face. Your fingers can transfer bacteria to your face, which can clog your pores and increase skin irritation. Keep your hands clean and only touch your face when you need to!
- Moisturize in the morning and evening with a gentle, non-comedogenic cream. goPure’s Vitamin C Day Moisturizer is perfect for acne-prone skin. Vitamin C provides soothing, brightening relief to your skin, and the antioxidant can help to reduce unevenness in your skin’s pigment caused by acne scarring.
- If you are dealing with post-breakout scarring, consider retinol serum as a treatment. Retinol can help to minimize the appearance of acne scarring and other forms of hyperpigmentation. It’s best to use retinol serum and other products that include retinol in the evening to avoid the risk of increased sun sensitivity.
- Choose an exfoliator that gently hydrates your skin. Exfoliating can help reduce breakouts by sloughing off dead skin cells that can clog your pores. However, not all exfoliating ingredients will help to moisturize your skin – some can even cause more dryness. For acne-prone skin, glycolic acid serum is a perfect exfoliator. Glycolic acid gently exfoliates while providing your skin with soothing hydration to prevent irritation and dryness. You can exfoliate with glycolic acid serum several days per week in the evening.
2. Wrinkles Are More Visible When Your Skin Is Dry
When your skin gets dried out, you can start seeing wrinkles, lines, and other signs of aging becoming much more noticeable. These lines in your skin can be accentuated by dry, flaky, and irritated skin. Providing your skin with the moisture that it needs to stay looking youthful and refreshed is essential to stay looking and feeling great.
Wrinkles and other common telltale signs of aging are primarily caused by a gradual weakening of your skin as you get older. As you go through the natural aging process, your skin cells’ production of the proteins that keep your skin strong and provide structure start slowing down.
These proteins, especially collagen and elastin, allow your skin to stretch and not sag, and keep it firm and strong. As the production of these proteins slows down, it’s especially important to keep your skin moisturized. Hydrating your skin can help to minimize the appearance of signs of aging by smoothing out and refreshing your skin.
How To Minimize Wrinkles With Moisturizing Ingredients
If your primary skin concerns are wrinkles, lines, and other signs of aging, these tips can get you great results:
- Include hyaluronic acid serum in your morning and evening beauty routines. Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by your skin, but you can apply it topically in the form of a serum for an extra boost of moisture. Hyaluronic acid is an ideal ingredient to use to fight wrinkles thanks to its gentle hydrating power.
- Exfoliate your skin several nights per week. As is the case with treating acne-prone skin, a moisturizing exfoliator like glycolic acid is the perfect option for aging skin. Glycolic acid serum can play a key role in keeping your skin free of excess dead skin cells, which can build up and dull your complexion, making wrinkles and lines appear more prominently.
- Cleanse your skin in the morning and evening with a gentle cleanser that includes vitamin C. Vitamin C is a natural skin-brightener, and it’s gentle enough that it won’t dry out or irritate your skin. Cleanser is the perfect beginning to your AM and PM beauty routines – it gets your skin ready to be supplied with the beneficial ingredients that you’ll be using throughout the rest of your skincare regimen.
- At night, moisturize your skin with retinol cream. Retinol can be extremely effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines. Pairing this powerful form of vitamin A with the hydrating, nourishing oils in a moisturizer is ideal for aging skin. When using retinol, it’s always crucial to keep your skin moisturized, since retinol is not an inherently hydrating ingredient for your skin.
- Treat yourself to a restorative mask a few times per week. Your skin can get major refreshment from a face mask, and this type of skin treatment is especially beneficial if you are aiming to reduce the appearance of signs of aging. Face masks can gently exfoliate your skin while supplying your face with moisture and nourishment. Plus, they feel amazing!
3. Dry Skin Is Irritating!
One of the key reasons to keep your skin hydrated is to avoid irritation. Dryness can make your skin raw, red, and itchy, leading to a host of uncomfortable problems. When your skin is irritated, you are far more likely to pick and scratch at it, which can exacerbate skin lesions like acne and leave your face feeling worse than before. Instead of getting stuck in a vicious cycle of irritated skin, break free by supplying your skin with the moisture it needs!
Many people struggle with chronically irritated skin because of perpetual dryness. If your skin is constantly dehydrated, you may see conditions like acne and eczema get much worse due to the irritation caused by dryness. If you are finding that your skin always feels uncomfortable and itchy, chances are it is lacking moisture.
Get Relief From Irritation By Moisturizing Your Face and Body
If you suffer from chronically irritated skin, follow these tips to get some much-needed relief:
- Use nourishing body cream to provide all-day hydration. Your face isn’t all that needs moisture throughout the day – your body does, too! Moisturizing your body with goPure’s Nourishing Body Cream can help to keep irritation away. The soothing ingredients in goPure’s body cream are packed with antioxidants and other highly beneficial nutrients that your skin needs to stay moisturized.
- Avoid harsh ingredients like artificial fragrances and dyes. All goPure skin care products are perfect for sensitive skin that is prone to chronic dryness and irritation. While many skincare products contain irritating ingredients like synthetic dyes, scents, and preservatives, all goPure products are completely free of these additives. Instead, you get all-natural skincare that will leave your skin looking and feeling amazing!
- Hydrate your body! Dehydration can cause your skin to get drier, and if you don’t drink enough water, you’re doing your whole body a disservice. Drinking enough water throughout the day can help to soothe your skin and prevent irritation. Carry some h20 with you wherever you go, sipping it throughout the day to supply your body with the hydration that it needs – your skin will thank you for it!
goPure skincare can be a huge help in keeping your skin hydrated, soothed, and nourished. Whether your primary skin concern is acne, signs of aging, irritation, or something else, goPure products can provide your skin with what it needs to start looking and feeling so much better.
Start and end your day with goPure products to hydrate your skin and prevent dryness and irritation. You’ll notice an incredible transformation in how your skin looks and feels!