Do You Know What You’re Putting On Your Skin?
If you are dedicated to keeping your skin looking healthy and youthful, chances are you are paying close attention to the ingredients in each beauty product you use.
Not all skincare products are the same, and many contain ingredients that are best avoided to reduce the risk of irritating your skin. In addition, some skincare products are even made unethically or with subpar ingredients that are lower in quality than your skin deserves.
When you take care of your skin, do you know what ingredients you are using?
If you aren’t careful, you can end up using potentially irritating ingredients like artificial dyes, fragrances, sulfates, parabens, and more in your daily beauty routine. To give your skin the care that it deserves, it’s always wise to stick with clean beauty products.
So, what is clean skincare? Why does it matter? Let’s dive into this fascinating topic and find out what makes clean skincare worth knowing about.
What Does It Mean To Be Clean?
Many words can be used to describe skincare products that can be tough to understand at first. When beauty products are described as clean, what does that mean?
Below are a few of the most important attributes of clean skincare to know about.
- Clean beauty products are made without artificial ingredients like synthetic colors, chemicals, and fragrances.
- Clean skincare ingredients are in their purest forms. While some products might use a derivative or a diluted form of an ingredient, clean products contain the real thing!
- This type of skincare relies on natural ingredients rather than chemicals or artificial additives. The main ingredients in clean beauty products have natural benefits for your skin. These natural ingredients are rich in essential nutrients for your skin – antioxidants, acids, and more.
- If you have sensitive skin, clean skincare is the way to go. Artificial additives like fragrances, dyes, and parabens have the potential to irritate sensitive skin. Clean skincare products are often packed with naturally soothing ingredients that can comfort irritated skin.
Clean Skincare Means Ethical Skincare
Not all beauty products are made ethically. It’s heartbreaking to think about, but many products are made in ways that are harmful to people and the planet.
When you opt for clean skincare, you can count on all your products being made ethically. What does this mean?
- Clean skincare products are cruelty-free. This means no animal testing or manufacturing that is harmful to or exploitative of animals.
- Beauty products need to be made sustainably to be considered clean! That means that the ingredients used are sourced responsibly in a way that does not harm the earth, put people’s lives at risk, or exploit workers or farmers.
- Clean skincare products are also made without ingredients that have the potential to have long-term negative effects on your health. Some companies include potentially harmful ingredients like formaldehyde, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), parabens, and more, which can potentially have a lasting negative impact on your body.
What Clean Skincare Products Should You Be Using?
Now that you’re familiar with clean skincare, it’s time to learn how to use clean products to care for your face each day!
Using the right products and ingredients at the right times will lead to the best possible results for your skin.
Below are quick samples of morning and evening skincare routines. Following these guidelines and using these products will get you a great AM and PM beauty regimen!
As soon as you get up in the morning, it’s a great idea to get started with healthy habits. One of the best practices to include in your mornings is using clean beauty products to nourish and refresh your skin.
In the morning, the first step to take to refresh and nourish your skin is to use a gentle cleanser.
Cleanser works to remove dirt, excess oil, makeup, and other unwanted grime from your skin. In the morning and evening, cleanser makes the perfect start to your beauty routine!
When you cleanse your skin in the morning, it’s a refreshing start to your day. Your cleanser can also supply your skin with helpful nutrients like antioxidants and acids. goPure’s vitamin C cleanser is an ideal choice for your AM and PM beauty routine. Our cleanser is gentle enough for sensitive skin and contains the brightening antioxidant vitamin C, which can help to keep your skin looking dewy and fresh each day.
After using a gentle cleanser, the next product to apply in the morning is a refreshing toner.
Toner removes leftover residue from your cleanser, and it can also help to minimize the appearance of your pores. Toner is lightweight and liquid-based, making it best to use it early on in your skincare routine. Lightweight products are more easily absorbed by your skin when they are applied before heavier products like moisturizer and sunscreen.
The next lightweight products to include in your AM skincare routine are serums. A serum contains a highly concentrated combination of ingredients that can benefit your skin in different ways. Some serums – any that include retinol or exfoliators like glycolic acid – are best saved for the evening. In the morning, a brightening vitamin C serum or hydrating hyaluronic acid serum make the perfect additions to your beauty routine.
After serums, you can wrap up your AM skincare with heavier products – any gel, cream, lotion, and sunscreen.
Nourishing, hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and vitamin C can be delivered to your skin in an easy-to-spread form via a lotion or gel. You can also use a gentle eye gel with vitamin E to care for the sensitive skin around your eyes.
Finally, finish up with a generous amount of mineral-based sunscreen, and you’re good to go!
When it’s time for bed, caring for your skin looks slightly different from your morning routine. Nighttime is the best time to use any products that include retinol, such as a retinol serum or cream. In addition, the evenings are the ideal time to exfoliate your skin.
Exfoliation, one of the most important parts of your evening skincare routine, involves removing dead skin cells from your face to brighten and even out your complexion. A buildup of dead skin cells can cause a host of problems from your skin, from dullness and an uneven complexion to blackheads and pimples.
Using a gentle exfoliator is a nighttime skincare habit that does not need to be done every day. Instead, you can exfoliate your skin every other day to avoid overdoing it. Exfoliator is best used after cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser like GoPure’s, which includes brightening, clean ingredients like vitamin C.
Using a gentle exfoliator like goPure’s microdermabrasion cream is the best way to remove dead skin cells the clean way! All of our exfoliating products are free from artificial ingredients, and none of them require rough scrubbing or irritating chemicals to remove dead skin cells from your face.
Where Do I Get Clean Skincare Products?
Now that you know what makes clean skincare special and which clean products to include in your beauty routine, you might be wondering how you can get started with clean skincare for yourself.
If so, you’ve come to the right place – goPure is all about all-clean, all-natural, and the highest quality ingredients!
We believe that beauty products should be made with only ingredients that are great for your skin and nothing else. That’s why we’ve built our skincare line around the best ingredients that nature has to offer for your skin.
GoPure’s skin care products are made with ingredients that are naturally rich in ingredients that have unique benefits for your skin.
Some of our favorite clean, all-natural ingredients that are included in our products are listed below!
- Hyaluronic acid. This beneficial acid is naturally produced by your skin cells. It can also be applied topically to help keep your skin nourished and moisturized. To get an extra boost of hydration for your skin, include goPure’s hyaluronic acid serum in your beauty routine!
- Vitamin C. This powerful brightening ingredient can play a key role in keeping your complexion looking vibrant and youthful. goPure’s gentle, refreshing vitamin C cleanser is the perfect addition to any beauty regimen.
- Green tea extract. Naturally rich in antioxidants, green tea extract can also calm and soothe your skin, leaving you feeling refreshed with each use. Green tea extract is a beneficial addition to several goPure products!
- Argan oil. Packed with antioxidants, fatty acids, and other highly beneficial nutrients, argan oil is a moisturizing powerhouse that is great for your hair, skin, nails, and lips. We love using 100% pure, organic argan oil for some much-needed moisture in the cold, dry months of the year.
These are just a few of the incredible clean ingredients that you’ll find in goPure’s products. These clean ingredients and many more will leave your skin feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, soothed, and soft with every use, without the junk!