How to Properly Moisturize Your Face
It might seem like a simple question, but ask yourself, are you properly moisturizing your face?
Do you know how to properly moisturize your face? This realistically could be something you have never really given much thought to, but moisturizing your face is actually a very important part of a healthy skin care routine.
You probably do it without even knowing why. Maybe the lady at the beauty counter told you your skin looks dry and gave you some free samples, so you have just used that same moisturizer ever since. Maybe someone gifted you some moisturizer when you started wearing makeup, and you knew it was important but not much else, so you’ve been chipping away at that same container once in a while when your skin feels dry.
Regardless of why or how you got here, you're reading this, so you probably need some tips. So, below we are going to break down what a proper skin care routine looks like, and give the 411 on what ingredients and what products work best for each kind of skin type.
The building blocks of great skin are simpler than you might think. One, we need to start everyday off by protecting our skin from harmful free radicals, toxins, and ultraviolet radiation by applying an SPF before you put on your makeup. And two, we need to hydrate our skin with an exceptional moisturizer regardless of your skin type. Dry, oily, sensitive, or a combination of all three, all skin types can ultimately benefit from the right moisturizer.
The Straightforward Guide to Washing your Face Properly
Always start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser in warm water. If you have make up on, use a makeup remover, such as an oil cleanser or Rosehip Oil, to fully remove makeup from skin before washing with a facial cleanser.
Using a cleanser with vitamin C is a great option for people of almost any skin type. A cleanser formulated with the addition of vitamin C will not only handle its normal responsibilities such as removing oils, dead skin debris, and taking off makeup, it will also work to rejuvenate and brighten skin.
Our Vitamin C Cleanser also has some additional benefits:
- Helps fade the appearance of dark spots
- Corrects uneven skin texture
- Smoothes dull skin
- Leave skin looking shiny without drying
Time to tone. Grab a cotton ball and spritz it with your favorite facial toner like our alcohol free Hydrating Toner. Wipe the cotton ball all over your face, neck and decollete. The toner will help shrink the appearance of large pores, and will also leave your skin looking plumper and more hydrated.
Apply your serum of choice and let dry. A vitamin C serum or hyaluronic acid serum are top choices among skin care enthusiasts. Why?
- Hyaluronic acid, or hyaluronan, is actually a sugar that is produced naturally in your body and can be found most commonly in your skin.
- A Vitamin C serum can make your face look brighter, more even-toned, and give you that elusive glow we all want.
- The serums from goPure use a potent combination of pure botanicals and are rich in antioxidants to leave the skin visibly brighter and more youthful looking.
- The addition of green tea to or vitamin C serum has been known to improve the aging of skin. The serum also gives your skin a protective barrier from harmful environmental stressors that can penetrate your skin when left unprotected.
- All of goPure’s serums are specially formulated to penetrate the skin deeply leaving skin plump, dewy and most importantly with a healthy looking glow every woman desires.
Time to moisturize your skin. You should try and find a moisturizer that includes an SPF and that is lighter for wearing during the day, and if you prefer, a heavier cream can be applied at night. Try and apply moisturizer to clean, slightly damp skin for better absorption into the pores. Applying a moisturizer while the skin is still damp will guarantee that you lock in hydration.
- Dry skin needs a thick moisturizer paired with a humectant such as hyaluronic acid to help it hold onto and lock down moisture.
- Creams can be good for normal or combination skin.
- Lotions and gels are luminous and good for oily skin. But, if you have oily skin, make sure you are using a non-comedogenic product, which means that it will not clog your pores.
Ingredients To Look Out For
- Jojoba oil - a naturally soothing, non-pore clogging oil
- Shea butter - an emollient to soften and soothe dry skin
- Matrixyl - a peptide ingredient most powerful at reducing the visibility of crows feet and wrinkles on the forehead.
- Dermaxyl - a super peptide that results in less visibility of wrinkles and fine lines as well as dark spots
If you’re looking for a Day and Night Moisturizer Combo with all of the benefits you need for healthy looking skin, look no further than our Vitamin C Moisturizer and Retinol Cream.
goPure Vitamin C Moisturizer
Our vitamin C moisturizer uses sodium ascorbyl phosphate, a gentler and safer form of vitamin C for most skin types. The benefits of using this moisturizer daily are:
- Helps fight the signs of premature aging caused by stressors and toxins in the environment
- Deeply calms, soothes, and hydrates the skin
- Helps skin to look visibly brighter
- Leaves skin with a youthful glow
- Evens out discoloration on skin
- Reduces redness caused by dry skin
goPure Actives Glyco-Peptide AntiWrinkle Moisturizer
This moisturizer gives your skin a youthful, tightened, and lifted look with the addition of two different types of proprietary blends of peptides, Matrixyl and Dermaxyl, which we just mentioned above!
- Matrixyl helps sagging, thinning skin, and can help improve the appearance of crow's feet and forehead wrinkles.
- Dermaxylcan plump the skin while improving the appearance of discolorations caused by sun damage, dark spots, and signs of aging.
Other natural skincare products in addition to a great moisturizer can definitely improve your complexion, but don’t underestimate the power of moisturizing your skin, especially if you are beginning to show signs of aging. Healthy skin starts with hydrated and moisturized skin!