If You’ve Noticed Your Skin Starting To Look Dull, There’s Hope!
Dealing with dull skin can be a frustrating experience. Unevenness and a lack of vibrance in your complexion can make you look older, and it can definitely affect how confident you feel.
Even when you diligently take care of your skin, you may still start to notice some of that ever-desirable youthful glow fading away as you get older. Factors like sun exposure, tiredness, and more can all take some of the vibrance out of your skin, and it’s easy to get discouraged when you notice your complexion changing as a result of these factors.
Fortunately, there is hope for your skin if it has started to look dull! Several natural ingredients, including vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and rosehip oil can have a brightening effect on your skin, helping you get that youthful glow back and feel great about how you look!
In this post, you’ll get some key information about how to use naturally brightening ingredients in your daily skincare routine. All of the ingredients covered here are gentle enough for sensitive skin, and each of them is right at home in a clean, all-natural beauty routine!
Why Does Your Skin Get Dull?
Changes your complexion and your skin’s pigmentation can happen for a number of reasons.
Below are a few of the most common causes of dull skin. One of these factors, or a combination of several, might be the primary cause of your complexion issues.
- Dull skin can be caused by sun damage. Overexposure to UV rays can cause hyperpigmentation, also known as dark spots, which can give your skin a dull and uneven look. Sun damage can also leave your skin red and irritated.
- Aging can also cause your skin to lose its brightness over time. Wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and other skin issues that come naturally with age can all lead to a complexion that looks dull. Wrinkles, lines, dark spots, and more can all be minimized through the use of the right ingredients. However, signs of aging are also a natural part of life, and the changes to your skin that show up as you get older are hard to avoid completely.
- A poor diet and insufficient water intake can also make your skin look dull. When you don’t eat enough nutrient-dense, healthy foods or drink enough water, your appearance can suffer as a result. One of the simplest ways to brighten your complexion is to take good care of your body as a whole, eating well and keeping yourself hydrated!
- Lack of sleep can leave you with noticeable dark circles under your eyes, and can also make your skin look duller overall. The idea of getting “beauty sleep” might be a cliche, but there’s some truth to it! When you get more high-quality sleep each night, you may notice changes in your complexion.
What Natural Ingredients Can I Use To Brighten My Skin?
Getting brighter skin is as simple as choosing the right ingredients to include in your daily beauty regimen. A key aspect of choosing your products and ingredients wisely is knowing the specific purpose that each ingredient serves in your beauty routine.
Below are a few ingredients that can naturally have a brightening effect on your complexion.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, and is a vital nutrient for your skin that can brighten your complexion over time. If your skin has been affected by sun damage, vitamin C is an ideal ingredient to include in your morning and evening lineup of skincare products. This antioxidant can be used in a highly concentrated form as a serum, found as a main ingredient in goPure’s gentle cleanser, or spread generously on your skin in the form of a soothing day moisturizer. Vitamin C is gentle enough for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin!
- Hyaluronic acid is a moisturizing, hydrating ingredient that can also help to brighten your skin. When your skin gets dried out, the resulting buildup of oil and dead skin cells can dull your complexion. Keeping your skin moisturized and nourished with hyaluronic acid can help to keep dryness from setting in. Hyaluronic acid can be used as a serum, or found as a main ingredient in a wide variety of other products. Like Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid can be used in the morning and at night, making it an ideal moisturizing ingredient for everyday use.
- Glycolic acid naturally gently exfoliates your skin. Exfoliation plays a key role in keeping your skin bright, soft, and even in pigment. When dead skin cells build up on your face, you can run into numerous problems, including a reduction of the brightness of your skin. Dead skin cells can also cause clogged pores, which lead to blackheads and breakouts. When you exfoliate with glycolic acid, your skin can stay moisturized and free from excess dead skin cells.
- Rosehip oil is a naturally derived oil that is packed with antioxidants and fatty acids, making it a perfect addition to a skin-brightening beauty regimen. Rosehip oil has a distinct floral fragrance, and it feels amazing on your skin. The natural oil is also gentle enough to use on the sensitive skin around your eyes, which is often prone to looking dull and darkened. Using rosehip oil under your eyes can help to reduce the appearance of dark circles, giving your skin a more youthful and refreshed look overall.
- Argan oil is another natural oil that is full of beauty-boosting nutrients like antioxidants and acids. An all-natural moisturizer, argan oil stands out because it is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your pores even if you have acne-prone skin. Argan oil isn’t just great for nourishing and moisturizing your skin, either – it’s also a perfect ingredient to use for your hair, nails, and lips. You can swap out your lip balm for argan oil to get relief from chapped lips that lasts for hours. The oil can also soften brittle, cracked cuticles and moisturize and hydrate your hair!
- Sunscreen also plays a key role in keeping your skin looking bright. Since sun damage can darken and dull your complexion, using a generous amount of SPF each day is essential. Opt for a mineral-based sunscreen that is free from harsh chemicals that might irritate your skin.
What Order Should I Use My Skin-Brightening Products In?
Equally important as choosing the right products is using your products in the right order.
Below is the ideal sequence to use your brightening products in, both for morning and evening skincare.
Brightening Your Skin In The Morning
- Start your morning beauty routine with a gentle cleanser. goPure’s cleanser includes vitamin C, a nourishing, brightening ingredient that is the perfect start to your day. Cleanser will leave your skin feeling refreshed, and it gets rid of dirt, excess oil, and makeup that might clog your pores and make your skin look dull. To use your cleanser, start by getting your face wet. Then, gently massage a small amount of your cleanser into your skin, using small, circular motions. To finish up, simply rinse your skin off with water.
- Next, you can use vitamin C serum and hyaluronic acid serum to supply your skin with high amounts of these brightening ingredients. Using vitamin C and hyaluronic acid in the form of serums will help to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day, and can have a brightening effect on your complexion over time.
- Before you wrap up your brightening beauty regimen, it’s time to apply the heavier products you’ll be using – moisturizer and sunscreen. A moisturizer that includes ingredients like vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and green tea extract is perfect for providing your skin with morning hydration. After applying a generous amount of moisturizer, you can put on mineral-based sunscreen. Then, you’re all set!
Brightening Your Skin in the Evening
When it’s time for bed, your brightening beauty routine will look slightly different from your AM skincare regimen. Certain products are best saved to be applied in the evening, and others can be applied twice a day.
- You can start your evening skincare with a gentle cleanser, just like you did in the morning. Using cleanser at night helps to remove makeup, sweat, and grime from a long day from your face.
- You can also apply vitamin C serum and hyaluronic acid serum again at night. These serums can play key roles in your AM and PM beauty routines.
- The evening is the best time to exfoliate your skin with glycolic acid serum. This serum is best used before heavier products like eye gel or moisturizer.
- Make sure to moisturize your skin at night! You can use vitamin C moisturizer for your AM and PM beauty routines, or you can add a retinol-based night cream to your nightly beauty regimen.
Brightening your skin takes time and patience, but the results are worth the wait! When you diligently stick to a morning and evening beauty routine that is packed with beneficial ingredients, you can see incredible results over time.