We aren’t all blessed with the most flawlessly radiant skin, but that shouldn’t stop us from working towards a desirable glow. Many expect to transform their skin as if they’re in their 20’s again which leaves them with disappointment with the lack of ‘results’. Knowing the type of realistic transformation your skin will have with the proper care you will be happier with results. You’re more likely to continue with these ‘To Do’s’ keeping your skin looking its best throughout the years when you feel results are present. Discoloration may be diminished, skin’s elasticity may become tighter and although deep wrinkles may not go away, they may become subtly less visible when continuously following a regimen. When speaking to those with great skin whether your friends or skincare experts, these women with radiant skin have tips and tricks into keeping their skin looking its very best….
First Thing’s First, They Live Healthier Lifestyles.
1. They Don’t Smoke. These people either are in the process of quitting or are currently smoke free. If you’re currently a smoker now is the best time to quit!
2. Alcohol is Limited. If they have to drink they occasionally have drinks containing health benefits such as red wines pack with antioxidants and avoid sugary or calorie packed beverages.
3. Dairy is Avoided. According to Healthline.com those who drink dairy are more likely to get acne, inflammation to the skin and insulin levels disrupted as well as prior skin conditions such as eczema aggravated. Switch to almond or coconut milk with added nutritional benefits.
4. Avoid Sugars and Artificial Sweeteners. The more sugar you intake the more you’re risking in speeding up the aging process. Not only with you age quicker, you’ll also have your skincare conditions exacerbated…eczema, psoriasis, acne
5. They Watch How Much Salt Is Used. When skin gets dehydrated it sends a signal to your glands to produce even more sebum causing oily skin which tends to happen to those that have too much salt in their diet.
They Don’t Diet, But They Watch What They Eat and Drink.
1. Fatty Acids are included in their day to day lives. Foods such as Avocado and other healthy fats like salmon and coconut oil have many antioxidant properties that work from the inside out.
2. Vitamin E is found in many foods and supplements and can provide even more essential fatty acids to the skin when delicious items such as almonds, sunflower seeds and walnuts are consumed.
3. Vitamin C which is found in yummy fruits like blueberries, oranges and strawberries and the ever so popular vegetable sweet potatoes. Vitamin C nourishes the skin helping in giving a smoother, brighter complexion.
Water Is Very Important In Their Lives.
1. Eat Water Rich Foods help you stay hydrated even without that water bottle in hand. Foods such as watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes and pineapple are delicious ways to stay hydrated throughout the day and curb your appetite. These water rich foods can soften and plump up the skin allowing for a healthier, radiant look.
2. Try To Drink Detox Water which allows any toxins that are in the body to be cleared as well as helping with the appearance of dull and dry skin. (My favorite is to add a little cucumber in there! Especially on those hot summer months!)
3. Drinking Half Of Your Weight in water is recommended in keeping yourself hydrated, healthy and refreshed.
They Keep A Proper Sleep Schedule.
When your body is sleep deprived not only will you feel miserable but your skin will become dull, paler and possibly left with poor circulation. As you sleep your body is healing itself.
1. They Go To Sleep Around The Same Time.
2. Electronics Are Removed From The Room Allowing The Brain To Unwind At Least 30 Mins Prior To Bed.
3. They Change Their Pillowcases At Least Twice A Week To Limit The Amount Of Bacteria Touching Your Skin Reducing Outbreaks From Occurring.
These People Try And Stay Active and Physically Fit.
1. Exercise is not only great for your body but it’s also good for your mental outlook and helping manage and combat stress.
2. Staying active also increases your blood flow that nourishing the skin cells. According to Webmd.com and Ellen Marmur MD, a dermatologist and author of the book Simply Skin Beauty: Every woman’s guide to a lifetime of healthy, gorgeous skin “Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to working cells throughout the body including the skin”.
3. Even the simplest activity of walking in place during commercial breaks can get that blood pumping. No matter what it is, they do something.
They Know What Ingredients To Use.
With all the ingredients in many popular skincare products out there who knows what ingredients work better than others and which are just useless. These women with radiant skin know that these ingredients are effective and best to use for a glowing appearance.
1. Plant Based Natural Ingredients carry antioxidants for the skin.
2. Hyaluronic Acid works as hydrator that keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated.
3. Retinol boosts collagen speeding up the turnover of cells.
4. Vitamin C protects the skin from damaging free radicals that cause wrinkles.
Follow A Strict Skincare Regimen.
Those with beautifully radiant skin follow a skincare regimen daily to help keep their skin looking it’s best. Along with the proper use of skincare products and the order they’re used, these people also know they need to do a little extra to maintain their gorgeous results.
1. Exfoliate 2-3 Times a Week. According to Dermatologist Sejal Shah from a quote left for Townandcountrymag.com, “Dullness is often caused by dead skin cell buildup so exfoliating can help brighten the skin by sloughing these dead skin cells away”.
2. Use Face Masks 1-2 Times a Week.
3. Sunscreen Is Always Protecting Their Skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays any time they leave their home even if it’s to the mailbox and back.
4. They Keep a Clean Face as much as they can to allow their skin to breathe.
5. When Applying Makeup They Avoid Caking It On.
6. Clean Makeup Brushes Often.
7. Disinfect Your Cellphone.
When it comes down to it, the most important part of achieving radiant skin is not only paying attention but following the rules for healthy skin religiously. It may not happen as quickly as others to see results but don’t be discouraged, there are some tricks that will give an extra boost to the appearance of your natural glow. Enhancing the appearance of your skin’s radiance can instantly be done by simply applying self tan to give that sun kissed glow without the damage. Radiance boosting makeup is also sold with tiny light reflectors as well as highlighters, illuminators and bronzers that are also a great way to successfully get that glowing skin according to Sheknows.com.
Vibrant skin may be achieved by following some or all of these tricks that women with radiant skin do. Get the motivation to make your skin’s health a priority and start today!
Is there a tip or trick that works the best for you? Share it with us!
About the Author:
Stephanie Ivonne is a freelance writer and Licensed Esthetician and mother of 2. She spends majority of her free time with her family and friends. When she is not learning about Beauty and Wellness, Stephanie is a Florida girl and loves spending time doing Yoga, running 10ks, Snorkeling and her absolute favorite, Disney!
Learn more about Stephanie here: