How Long Should You Wait to See Results From a Skin Care Product?

We all invest in new skincare products clinging on to the promise of youthful skin that glows. Like any other beauty junkies out there, you have perhaps discovered a shiny, new product from a beauty blogger or from the hundreds of positive reviews you've read from friends or strangers online.

After all, if it worked for them, then it would probably work for you too, right? Convinced by the powerful reviews of strangers and friends who can vouch for the product, you immediately added it to your shopping cart.

And alas, it’s in your hands - the esteemed skincare product that everyone is raving about and hopefully the answer to your prayers from the beauty gods! So you immediately tried it, expecting that you will wake up the next with skin like that of a Victoria’s Secret model.

However, your skin didn’t look or feel any different. Did you do it wrong? Is the skincare product not right for your skin? How long should you wait before you get to see results?

We get it; the waiting game for new skin care products to start showing results can be quite agonizing. But good things come to those who wait and this is particularly true for skin care.

When it comes to anti-aging skin care products, there are not enough quick fixes or overnight formulas out there. Patience indeed is a virtue when it comes to beauty routines, as almost all products require an average of 90 days of use before yielding wonderful results.

As a rule of thumb, you can’t expect any products that implicate a change in cellular level to deliver results within less than a few weeks. It takes about 28-30 days for skin cells to turn over and reveal younger skin. Which means that the more work a product does on a cellular level; the longer it’ll take for you to see any improvement.

Given the wide array of options out there and the abundance of misinformation in the world of skincare, knowing when to realistically expect results can be hard.

We broke down skincare products into cleanser, toner, serum, exfoliator, & moisturizer and took a closer look into how long it would take for each product to have an effect on your skin.

CLEANSERS

Most cleansers deliver instantly refreshed, healthier and renewed skin and help easily remove dirt and makeup. After rinsing, your skin will feel soft and smooth. However, this effect doesn’t really give your skin any major or long-lasting transformation.

If you’re suffering from dryness, hyper pigmentation, dullness and rough patches, it will take about a month of diligent adherence to a new cleansing routine before you begin to see actual improvements.

Cleansers keep your skin clean and that’s just about it. They might not have much effect on any particular skin issues, but using the wrong kind of product can wreak all sorts of havoc on your skin so you have to be wary.

Always go for a gentle cleanser without irritating ingredients or fragrance to improve the texture and appearance of your skin in one to two weeks.

TONERS

People use toners to clear last traces of makeup and calm their skin’s redness. For people with oily skin, they turn to it to diminish the appearance of the pores. Additionally, toner helps skin look radiant and feel softer and smoother.

If you wish to see improvement in the appearance of pore size and redness, expect to wait for 1 to 2 weeks. Some people even get to see the results right away!

However, when shopping for toners, one should be cautious as most toners are poorly-formulated with aggravating ingredients like strong acids and fragrances that sensitize the skin.

To start seeing wonderful results from your toner, find one that contains gentle ingredients proven to deliver immediate results that last.

We think you’ll be impressed with goPureBeauty’s selection of skin care solutions that contain natural ingredients that are safe to use and can make all the difference to your skin.

EXFOLIATORS

Exfoliators help your skin reveal a smoother surface and minimize the look of pores. It is also a must-have anti-aging product as it fades dullness away as skin feels silky-smooth and becomes renewed.

It also helps even out skin tone and lessens all signs of aging. With the right kind of exfoliator, it is possible to see an overnight improvement plus an intensified progress after 1 to 2 weeks.

Regular use of the product and experimentation on the frequency of application is required to maintain beautiful results. You can explore on using exfoliators at different concentrations depending on texture and your skin type to discover what works best for you.

SERUMS

Serums are like skincare potions in tiny bottles as it contains active ingredients that transform your skin to look younger and more radiant. But unlike magic potions, Serums mostly produce long-term results.

Serums that contain Vitamin C, Retinoid or Alpha Hydroxy acid will take longer to work because these active ingredients penetrate deeply to change the structure and function of your skin cells.Expect to see smoother skin, diminished fine lines and lesser dryness or dark spots after four to six weeks of ongoing use.

When shopping for Serums, look for the superstar antioxidant ingredient namely Vitamin C as along with the benefits mentioned above, it also provides immediate and long-lasting results in helping repair sun damage.

Check out goPureBeauty’s Vitamin C Serum for easy absorption and faster penetration with ingredients that keep skin looking young and feeling soft.

MOISTURIZER

Depending on what you wish to achieve with a moisturizer, you may see pleasing improvements overnight. And while you’ll instantly feel the surge of hydration on your skin as soon as the moisturizer absorbs, you’ll only begin to see enhanced results after two to eight weeks of consistent use.

Regular use will also help maintain results over time so you can finally bid those flaky, greasy skin goodbye and say hello to softer, naturally-plumped skin! To further lessen signs of aging, look for a moisturizing product that contains a sun protection factor of 30 or higher.

So, how can you tell if your product is really working?

As you are constantly exposed to the subtle changes in your skin, it can be hard to notice when your product starts to truly take effect.

You can try the classic before and after photos to help you determine the difference and improvement on your skin over the days or weeks of product usage. Take a photo of your face before trying a new product, and then take another one at the end of each week.

Do this for a minimum of four weeks or ideally six to eight weeks, and check the difference between the first photo and the last. As you see concrete evidence that you’re skin has been improving, you’ll be more motivated to keep your skin care goals on track.

Lastly, one of the best ways to ensure that you’ll see glorious results is by choosing products that contain ingredients with proven track records like Vitamin C (try goPureBeauty’s Vitamin C Skin Care Trio System), Retinol to help with your wrinkle problems (goPure’s Retinol Facial Duo Kit is a must-try), and Hyaluronic Acid for maximum hydration (We recommend goPure’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum).

We want to hear from you!

How about you? How long do you usually wait for skincare products to produce visible results? Share it in the comments below!

Comments

Angie on September 05 2018 at 01:57PM

I have been using the three trio serums for about a month and eye gel… and I can see a difference… I’m sure with continued use I will see more! I’m a beauty junkie and I love these products!

Maureen Riddell on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

I have been using goPure products for months. I love all the products I use. Skin cleanser, exfoliation, hydrating and moisturizing creams. under eye moisturizing retinal serums. I love all the products and the affordable prices! Thank you goPure for your amazing products!

Ann Blymyer on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

Only been using it for about a week waiting to see how it works.

Yvonne Hayes on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

I’ve been using your 3 serum kit and I seen tremendous results..Im definitely satisfied and will be ordering again…

Linda on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

I am loving the softness, smoothness, and overall healthy look of my skin! I bought the whole shebang and use them daily. Plus I can afford to buy these products!! That’s a win/win!

Susan on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

I started using the product on 8-29-18. I like the way it makes my face feel and I’ve only used it for two days. I will leave a message On my progresss In about 30 days.

Jill VanCott on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

I have been using all the products fro GoPure and I saw some difference with in a few weeks but it been going on 4 now and I can definitely see a difference in my skin, I really like these products. They are truly what they say they are.

Susan on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

Very pleased with the complete regimen and skin is looking smooth and healthy. Have ordered 3 times. Great products.

Sherry on September 05 2018 at 01:58PM

I love goPure! I am 58 and tanned often when I was younger so I am dealing with wrinkles, rosacea and dry skin. I have been using the Vitamin C routine in the am and the Retinol at night for about 8 weeks now. I also use The microdermabrasion and the enzyme mask several times a week. I have and use every product that they make. I am very pleased with the results. The dry patches have disappeared, my skin is noticeably smoother and I have started to wear makeup again because it goes on so much better. My pores are smaller and the rosacea is improving. I will continue with these products because I really have seen improvement not because I was asked to. One other thing, the are scent free, another huge plus for me.

Beverly Potts on September 05 2018 at 01:59PM

I started go pure on June 20th. I am 63 yrs. Old with deep wrinkles & saggy skin.I use the kit-0075, all 10 products! Haven’t seen much change.Was hoping this product was the one.☹️

Sandra fason on September 05 2018 at 01:59PM

I absolutely love these skin care products. Best I have ever used. I would recommend these products to everyone young or old. I’m 67 and see a big difference.

Barbara on September 05 2018 at 01:59PM

Good article but I was hoping to learn more about the use of hydrogen acid serum and retinol serum. I purchased these 2 and Go pure Vitamin C about 2 or 3 months ago. In June someone who hadn’t seen me in a while and who is a skin expert,commented on how hydrated my face looked! I notice smoothness, still waiting to notice difference in wrinkles and dark spots. Probably will take pictures as article suggested.

Karen on September 05 2018 at 01:59PM

I started using the trio 3 weeks ago and just ordered the moisturizers. I have what I feel is extensive aging issues for my age of 54. Being a natural redhead, sun lover, smoker and outdoors girl all the elements that make us age has done me no favors. I love these products and will continue using them. I appreciate that I can afford them on a single lady income and have begun to notice some change in my fine lines and forehead scowl..Thank You GoPure!!

Galdena on September 06 2018 at 01:21PM

I am 64 years old with aging skin, complete with large pores, sun damage attributed to a lifetime of tanning, blotchiness, and the deep wrinkles and skin sagging that make-up can’t hide. I have used a ton of different skin care products over the years, along with facials, peels, dermabrasion, injections, and prescriptive Retina A off and on for 25 yrs. I tried the whole GoPure system for a couple of months at the beginning of this year and was thrilled with the results. When I finally ran out, I switched to a different product I had on hand and then went to Europe for several months. My skin looked worn out and old when I returned. Once home, I started back on the GoPure. It’s been about 3 weeks now and I can already see a bit of change— my skin looks brighter, smoother, and calmer. I’m heading back to Europe in a couple of weeks and this time I’m taking enough GoPure to last the entire 5 months. I’ve always known that the ascorbic acid in Vit C products can be very unstable and destroyed easily once opened and exposed to sunlight; I recently read what ingredients should be added to protect the ascorbic acid (Vit E and ferulic acid) and was excited to see that the GoPure Vit C serum had both these ingredients added so I could be sure of maximum potency and benefits. I have been using prescriptive Retina A off and on x 25 yrs but had frequent redness and flaking from it and find the GoPure retinal producers are much gentler—I now alternate between the prescriptive Retinol with GoPure, although always use the serum. And hyaluronic acid is a MUST for any skin care line for hydration and skin plumping. I LUV what these products do to my old skin— just wish I’d started on it all years earlier.

Joyce on September 05 2018 at 01:59PM

I’ve ordered a kit but haven’t received it yet. I love reading the comments about the products and I am really excited about starting my new beauty regime.

Leisla Lugo on September 05 2018 at 01:59PM

I love your products, as you said it will take some time before you can see the improvement on your skin. My skin looks so smooth in the morning and the make up looks and last all day!

Judy on September 05 2018 at 02:00PM

I have been using the products for over a month now.
My wrinkles have not diminished but my skin appears healthier looking. I will continue and hope wrinkles respond in time.

Bonnie Powell on September 05 2018 at 02:00PM

Still not really seeing results but after reading this I feel ok about that. I was not used to the drop bottle/ liquid and did spill some of that so have run out of the retinol serum . I’m trying to carry on with the daytime routine and just the retinol cream at night. When I reorder I will try the toner, Vit c moisturizer as well exfoliate and see how it goes. I am not particularly UNHAPPY with the product. Just as you have mentioned, anxious to start seeing results.

Barbara Thompson on September 05 2018 at 02:01PM

I’m 73 years old and just started using ur products! I have questions about the mask? It came with no instructions!! How long do I leave it on, do I use it at night or morning and how often?

Barbara Fisher on August 27 2018 at 02:07PM

I have been using this product for about 7 weeks. I had noticed a difference in my skin. Ladies keep working with the product. It doesn’t work overnight. It takes at least to a month
SO KEEP USING IT

Ursula on September 05 2018 at 02:01PM

Why is my vitamin C so sticky? I have most of your products & love them but my Vitamin C serum.

Phyllis Willhite on September 05 2018 at 02:01PM

Does your vitamin C moisturizer contain sun screen?

TERESA MORRIS on September 05 2018 at 02:01PM

Recently started my go pure system. The first night my skin felt softer, had a little glow and just felt cleaner. I started a picture diary every night to notice the difference. I liked it so much that I also ordered the moisturizer and toner. Oh, and the price you cant go wrong. Thanks “GO PURE”.

Julia cruise on August 27 2018 at 02:17PM

I am used to seeing a difference within a week or so. Some products …a day or two depends on product. But this one I’m guessing a few days according to its claims!

Claudette on August 27 2018 at 02:17PM

Like everyone else I would love to see results right away. But I know that doesn’t happen so I try to give a good 6 weeks to see anything. So I am hoping that gopure really works. I received mine just a week in a half ago skin feels great smooth and soft can’t wait to see what happens in 6 weeks. Will have to let you know in 6 weeks.